Friday, April 30, 2010

Keith Telfeyan



Keith Telfeyan

Work from his oeuvre.

"I believe in the freedom of things, and the energy that moves around and through the world like wind. I create as an act of expression, to assert my pulse, to live. The things I create enter the world as transformed energy, and exist freely. I make pictures that capture something particular that I think and feel, images that function both cathartically and aesthetically. The act of looking – our projected vision – determines so much the way something looks. How much of the qualities that we give things are in those things themselves? I like eliciting truth from banal subjects, as the constant wave of god hides within all matter. It is sensational, I think, to see it underneath the everyday. Or perhaps the everyday itself is simply worth seeing in a new way." - Keith Feyan (an excerpt from his thesis)

No comments:

Post a Comment