Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Beni Bischof







Beni Bischof

Work from Bricked Castles.

Translation from German with a word I don't know, but I have translated regardless. If you can fix anything, feel free to let me know.

"The longer I work on my artistic works, the more I sense a common thread, which shows myself. This involves the manipulation of things, like absurd changes to the castles, for example. The castles are scans from a Brockenhaus book, I have just cleaned up the image, or simply made it more concise. I have removed disturbing elements in the background, created a more homogeneous background from the forest and brought out the essential from the shape of the castle. I have left out the windows and doors and removed the towers. I would be very happy to view the original books in person again."

Je länger ich an meinen künstlerischen Werken arbeite, desto mehr spüre ich einen roten Faden, der sich mir selber verdeutlicht. Dazu gehört das Manipulieren von Dingen, absurde Veränderungen wie bei den Burgen zum Beispiel. Die Burgen sind Scans aus einem Brockenhausbuch, ich habe einfach das Bild aufgeräumt, oder einfach prägnanter gemacht. Störende Elemente im Hintergrund habe ich entfernt, aus dem Wald einen homogeneren Hintergrund geschaffen und das wesentliche aus der Form der Burg herausgeholt. Ich habe die Fenster, die Tore weggelassen, die Türme weggenommen. Dann mache ich auch ganz gerne Originalbücher, in die ich direkt hineinmale.


No comments:

Post a Comment