Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Katja Mater






Work from Remission. Go to Mater's website and check out her other bodies of work as well, there is a phenomonal range of work addressing conceptual aspects of the medium of photography. The titles of these pieces are fantastic, make sure you follow the words that haven't been redacted.

"Remission is something i have been working on in between projects. Whenever I need inspiration I go to the central library in Amsterdam, here i spend my time going  through (science) books. The remission series are pages taken from these books where I pull the texts towards me, in for example the image: ‘hey, help me to make a landscape photograph’ i remission a text about something absolutely different to talk about photography again, either is a romantic or a technical way. " - Katja Mater

No comments:

Post a Comment